COU Admission authority announced the Comilla University Admission Circular 2020-21 academic session for the undergraduate program. This year’s admission program will be held in three different units. If you want to get admitted to Comilla University and want to know all the related information about Comilla University Admission Circular then read this article attentively. Here we talk about the admission requirements, subject list, question pattern, admit card download and more information as well.
University of Comilla
Comilla University is a government-financed public university that is constructed on 250 acres of land at Shalban Vihara, Moynamoti at Kotbari, Comilla, Bangladesh. The university was established in 2006 as the 26th public sector university of Bangladesh. Currently, it consists of 19 different units under six faculties. There are four academic buildings and five residential halls at Comilla University Campus.
See the summaries information about Comilla University
Summaries Information of COU
|Name||Comilla University (COU)|
|Motto||For Better Education|
|Location||Comilla, 3506, Bangladesh|
|Campus||Campus (54 acres)|
|Residential Hall||Five (2 for Female and 3 for Male)|
|Chancellor||President of Country|
|Vice-Chancellor||Professor Dr. Emran Kabir Chowdhury (2018 to Present)|
Comilla University Subject List
There are 19 individual departments/subjects under 6 faculties at the University of Comilla. All the 6 faculties are sorted from 3 different units. Here are the details about the Comilla University subject list.
Comilla University A Unit Subject List
Science and Engineering faculties are consist of A unit. Only science discipline students can apply to this unit. There are 7 departments/subjects that have Comilla University A unit which is given below.
- Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Comilla University B Unit Subject
Arts and Humanities, Social Science and Law faculties 7 individual departments/subjects consist of B unit. Any kind of discipline student can apply to the Comilla University B unit. Have a look at Comilla University B Unit Subject list below.
- Public Administration
- Media & Journalism
Comilla University C Unit Subject
There is only 4 subject consists of the Faculty of Business Administration. See the Comilla University C Unit Subject list below.
- Accounting and Information Systems
- Finance and Banking
Comilla University Admission Circular 2020-21
Comilla University admission authority already has published the circular on the official website. The University conducts the admission program for a total of 1040 seats. You can know more details about the admission requirements by downloading the COU Admission circular below.
Comilla University Admission Requirements
There have some specific admission requirements for the Comilla University undergraduate program, Here we added all the details. So that it would be very helpful for you.
- SSC and Equivalent Passing Year – 2017 or 2018
- HSC and Equivalent Passing Year – 2019 or 2020
- Candidate must have total GPA of 6.50 in SSC and HSC Exam
See the unit wise Comilla University admission requirements below.
| Unit |
|SSC & HSC/Equivalent GPA (4th Subjects)||Unit Related Departments|
|Science||Humanities|| Business |
|A Unit||6.50||No Need||No Need||Mathematics; Physics; Chemistry; Statistics; Pharmacy; CSE & ICT|
|B Unit||6.00||6.00||6.00||English; Bengali; Archaeology; Economics; Public Administration; Media & Journalism; Law|
|C Unit||6.00||6.00||6.00||Management; Accounting and Information Systems; Marketing; Finance and Banking|
|Must have B Grade in 4 subjects into 7 subjects in O and A level|
Important Dates & Times:
Here we added some important dates and times regarding Comilla University Admission. Have a quick look at a glance.
- Application Starts: 1st September 2020.
- Application Ends: 30th September 2020.
- Application Link:
- Admission Test Start: 8th November 2020.
- Admission Test Ends: 9th November 2020.
- Admit Card Download Date: Will be informed through SMS
- Total Seat Distribution: Science – 515; Humanities – 273; and Business Studies – 252 (Total = 1040)
- Application Fee: 550 BDT/Taka
- HelpLine: 01557330381; 01557330382
Comilla University Seat Plan
Comilla University admission authority conducts the admission test under 3 units. There are 19 different/subjects that students can get admitted 2020-21 academic session. Here we added Comilla university total seat distribution chart for all the three units.
|Departments||Seat Distribution for All Unit|
|Science||Humanities||Business Studies||Total Seat|
|Science and Engineering Faculties (A Unit)||Information and Communication Technology|
|Computer Science & Engineering|
|Arts & Humanities and Social Science Faculties (B Unit)||Bengali|
|Media & Journalism|
|Business Studies Faculty (C Unit)|
Accounting and Information Systems
|Finance and Banking|
How to apply for COU Admission Test:
If you want to apply for Comilla University admission then you have to apply through Teletalk prepaid mobile phone.
See the applying process for the COU admission test below.
- At first, go to the message option.
- Type COU then gives space and type the first 3 letters of HSC education board. Then enter HSC Roll No. and HSC Pass Year one after another with space.
- Again, type first three letters of SSC education board give space and enter your SSC Roll N0, SSC pass year and preferred unit keyword with space.
- Now check the message again and send it to 16222.
Here is the SMS format:
COU <space> DHA <Space> 123456 <Space> 2020 <Space>DHA <Space> 098765 <Space> 2018 <Space> A. (The example is for Dhaka Boards)
see the more details in the following picture below.
Download COU Admission Test Admit Card
Admit card downloading duration will be informed to the applicant through the SMS/COU website or Press notice.
To get admit card, at first visit http://cou.teletalk.com.bd
Then click on the admission option and enter your User ID and Password. After login to you can see your details information and you can get an option to upload your photo and signature. (Photo dimension 300×300 and size maximum 100km and signature dimension 300×80 and size maximum 60kb )
After completing the upload you can download the admit card and print it with 2 copy and attach a color photograph.
Without admit card candidates will not participate in the admission test. All the details like Unit, Name, Roll Number, Exam Center, Room Number, Exam date and time will be written in the admit card.
Comilla University Admission Test Date
Name of Unit
|A Unit (Science and Engineering Faculties)|
08 November 2020
|10:00 AM to 11:00 AM|
|B Unit (Arts and Humanities; Social Science and Law Faculties)||08 November 2020||3:00 PM to 4:00 PM|
C Unit (Business Studies Faculties)
|09 November 2020|
10:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Comilla University Question Pattern
- The admission test will be held on the MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) systems.
- The total mark will remain 100 for 100 MCQ and the Exam duration will have just 1 hour. Besides, the 0.25 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer as a negative marking.
- Candidate can not bring any type of electronic device such as Mobile phones, Smartwatch, Bluetooth, etc.
See the Comilla University question pattern and mark distribution system below:
A Unit Question Pattern and Mark Distribution System
- English-15, Bangla-10, Chemistry-25, and Mathematics-25/Biology-25.
- If a student wants to get admitted to mathematics, CSE or ICT departments then they must have to answer in math in the admission test.
- Pass mark: 40
B Unit Question Pattern and Mark Distribution System
- English-25, Bangla-25, General Knowledge-10, Arts and Humanities, Social Science/Science/Business Studies Subjects-40
- Pass mark: 40
C Unit Question Pattern and Mark Distribution System
- English-25, Bangla-25, Business Organization and Management-25, Accounting-25,
- For Science Discipline: English-25, Bangla-25, Math-50
- For Humanities Discipline: English-25, Bangla-25, General Knowledge-50
- Pass mark: 40 with 10 marks in English
Comilla University Result
To get the Comilla University Admission Result 2020 first keep visit our site. We will keep you notified about the result publishing date. As soon as Comilla University authority published the admission result you will get it fast on our site.