RUET Admission: the Rajshahi University of Engineering Technology has already published the admission circular 2020-21 undergraduate program on the official website. According to Admission Circular, we have added all the related information which are essential for interested candidates.
Locally the university is also known as RUET that specializes in the field of engineering among other public engineering universities in Bangladesh. The university was founded in 1964 as Rajshahi Engineering College and later on, it changed to the name of Bangladesh Institute of Technology (BIT) in 1986. After several decades when it gained university status in 2003, then it has finally renamed Rajshahi University of Engineering & Technology (RUET) which is located beside Rajshahi University, Bangladesh.
Below we have added summarized information of the Rajshahi University of Engineering Technology. Just check it out at a glance.
|Content||Summarized Information of RUET|
|Name||Rajshahi University of Engineering & Technology (RUET)|
|Motto||Heaven’s Light is Our Guide|
|Type||Public Engineering University|
|(Ph) PABX||+88 (721) 750742-3, 751320-1|
|Fax||+88 (0721) 750105|
|Campus||Urban, 152 acres (0.61 km²)|
|Academic Departments||Eighteen departments under four faculties|
|Residential Hall||7 (6 for Female and 1 for Male)|
|Established||1964 (REC), 1986 (BIT), 2003 (RUET)|
|Chancellor||President of Country|
|Vice-Chancellor||Md. Rafiqul Islam Sheikh (Present)|
Important Dates of RUET Admission
- Application Start: 8th September 2020 (Sunday)
- Application End: 25 September 2020 (Wednesday)
- Selected Candidate List Publish: 2nd October 2020 (Saturday)
- Admit Card Download Date: Start from 12th October 2020 (Saturday)
- Admission Test Held on: 24th October 2020 (Thursday)
- Admission Test Result Publish: 4th November 2020 (Monday)
Eligibility of RUET Admission 2020-21
- Candidate must be a citizen of Bangladesh.
- Candidates have to pass the SSC/Equivalent Exam in 2016 or next year with a GPA of 4.0 out of 5.
- Candidates also have to pass the HSC/Equivalent Exam in 2020 and must have at least grade point 4.0 in Math, Physics, and Chemistry and 3.50 in English subjects.
- B Grade is required for GCE ‘O’ Level and GCE ‘A’ Level.
RUET Admission Subject List and Seat Distribution
Name of Department
|Urban & Regional Planning|
|Building Engineering & Construction Management|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering|
|Computer Science & Engineering|
|Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering|
|Electrical & Computer Engineering|
|Industrial & Production Engineering|
|Glass & Ceramic Engineering|
|Chemical & Food Process Engineering|
|Material Science & Engineering|
RUET Admission Circular 2020-21
We have described all the key points in this post, according to the Admission Circular of Rajshahi University of Engineering Technology Circular 2020-21. If you want to get the circular as an Image or PDF form then you can download below.
How to Apply for RUET Admission
Candidates have to visit the official admission website for online application. The official website is http://www.ruet.ac.bd/admission/. To apply online application candidates need to submit all the following requirements.
- SSC/Equivalent and HSC/Equivalent Exam Roll Number, Registration Number, Passing Year, and Education Board.
- Passport size JPG format color photographs (Height 575 to 625 pixel and Width 415 to 475 pixel)
- Size should be less than 100 KB
- After completing the online submission candidates will receive a Bill Number.
- Candidates need to use this Bill Number during pay the admission fee through Dutch Bangla Bank Rocket Service.
- Ka Unit – Engineering and Urban & Regional Planning – 900 BDT
- Kha Unit – Engineering, and Urban & Regional Planning, and Architecture Departments – 1100 BDT
To pay the application fee candidates need to go through the Dutch Bangla Mobile Banking service. See the payment process below.
- Step 1: At first, Dial *322#
- Step 2: Select “1. Bill Pay” Option
- Step 2: Select “1. Self” Option (For Own Personal Account)
- Step 3(a): Select “2. Other” Option (For Agent Account)
- Step 3(b): Type own Mobile No as the place of “Enter Payer Mobile No”
- Step 4: Select “0. Other” Option
- Step 5: Enter 2555 as a Biller ID
- Step 6: Enter Bill Number that you already received during the online application.
- Step 7: Enter Amount (Ka Unit – 900 BDT and Kha Unit 1100 BDT)
- Step 8: Enter PIN number.
- Step 9: After completing the payment candidate instantly receive a confirmation SMS with a Transaction ID.
RUET Admission Question System
RUET admission authority announced to take the written test for the honors undergraduate program. The written test will be taken on 350 marks and Kha Unit Applicants (Architecture Department) have to participate in an extra 100 Marks Freehand drawing Exam. For more details see the chart below.
Ka and Kha
|Freehand Drawing (Architecture)|
Download Admit Card
RUET admission admits card will available to download from 12th October (Saturday) 2020. After available it, the candidates can download the Admit Card from the official admission website of the Rajshahi University of Engineering Technology. Moreover, the candidate must be bringing with HSC/Equivalent main Registration Card and Photocopy, and 2 copy downloaded admit card to enter the exam center. Otherwise, they will not participate in the admission test.
RUET Admission Result
According to the admission notice, the admission test result will be published on 4th November (Monday) 2020. All the applicants easily check the RUET admission result from the official website.
Final Instruction for The RUET Admission Candidates
1) Candidates will be permitted to enter with a calculator. But all the electric devices such as Tab/iPad, Mobile, Digital Watch, etc are prohibited in the exam hall.
2) If candidates try to do anything wrong or misusage with someone during the exam time then his or her exam will be canceled by the authority.
3) All the candidates must be presented before the exam started. After 30 minutes of examination, a candidate will not enter the exam hall. On the other hand, a candidate will not exit from the exam hall before the exam is over.