Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University Admission circular 2020-21 has been published on the SAU Admission website. According to the SAU admission circular, this year a total of 704 students gets a chance to admitted on Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University. If you are looking for all the details information about admission notice then read this post till the end. Here we have described all about SAU Admission requirements, the application process, payment method, SAU admission result as well. Hopes that info will help you with SAU admission.
Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University
Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University is a government-financed public university which was the oldest agricultural institution in Bangladesh as well as South Asia. The University is situated in Sher-e-Bangla Nagar, Dhaka. At first, SAU was established as Bengal Agricultural Institute (BAI) on 11 December 1938 and later upgraded to a university in 2001 renaming it as Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University which is focused on the expansion of higher agricultural education and committed to promoting research in various fields of agricultural sciences. Currently, SAU offers undergraduate, postgraduate and Ph.D. degrees through a course credit system.
See the summary information of the Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University below.
|Name of Content|
Summaries Information of SAU
|Name||Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University (SAU)|
|Motto||Research, Education, Extension|
|Established||2001 [Est. in 1938 as Bengal Agricultural Institute]|
|Location||Sher-e-Bangla Nagar, Dhaka, Bangladesh|
|Land Area||Urban, 87 acres|
|Residential Halls||5 (Male – 3 and Female – 2)|
|Chancellor||President of the Country|
|Vice-chancellor||Professor Dr. Kamal Uddin Ahamed (Present)|
SAU Admission Important Date and Information
- Application Start and Ends: 10 September to 15 October 2020
- Admit Card Download: 20 October to 28 November 2020
- Seat Plan Notice: 25 November 2020
- Admission Test Start: 30 November 2020 (Saturday) at 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Admission Result Publish Date: Before 5 December 2020
- Merit List Candidate Admission Date: 10 and 11 December 2020
- Waiting List Result Publish: 14 December 2020 (Saturday)
- Waiting List Selected Candidate Admission Date: 17 December 2020 at 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- 2nd Waiting List Result Publish: 19 December 2020
- 2nd Waiting List Selected Candidate Admission Date: 19 December 2020
- Class Start: Admission authority will be informed on the SAU official website.
Total Seat Distribution of SAU ( Shere-e-Bangla Agricultural University)
According to the announcement of Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University admission authority, this year total of 704 students (General students 630 Seats and Quota 74 Seats) get the chance to admit to the SAU university. Here we describe faculty wise seat distribution for SAU admission test 2020-21.
|Name of Degree||General Seat||(Quota)|
|Agriculture||BSc in Agriculture|
|Agribusiness Management||BBA in Agribusiness|
|BBA in Agricultural Economics|
|Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine||BSc in Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry|
|Fisheries Eco-Culture and Marine Science||BSc in Fisheries|
Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University Subject List
At present, SAU University consists of 36 departments under 4 faculties which is focused on all aspects of agricultural education and research. See the SAU admission subject list below.
Faculty of Agriculture
- Department of Agricultural Botany
- Department of Agricultural Chemistry
- Department of Agricultural Extension and Information System
- Department of Agroforestry and Environmental Science
- Department of Agronomy
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Entomology
- Department of Genetics and Plant Breeding
- Department of Horticulture
- Department of Plant Pathology
- Department of Soil Science
- Department of Fisheries
- Department of Agricultural Engineering
- Department of Language
Faculty of Agribusiness Management
- Department of Agricultural Economics
- Department of Agribusiness and Marketing
- Department of Agricultural Statistics
- Department of Development and Poverty Studies
- Department of Management and Finance
Faculty of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine
- Department of Animal Nutrition, Genetics and Breeding
- Department of Animal Production and Management
- Department of Anatomy, Histology and Physiology
- Department of Poultry Science
- Department of Microbiology and Parasitology
- Department of Dairy Science
- Department of Medicine and Public Health
- Department of Pathology
- Department of Pharmacology & Toxicology
- Department of Surgery & Theriogenology
Faculty of Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Fisheries Biology and Genetics
- Department of Aquaculture
- Department of Fishing and Post Harvest Technology
- Department of Aquatic Animal Health Management
- Department of Aquatic Environment and Resource Management
- Department of Marine Fisheries and Oceanology
Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University: SAU Admission Requirements
Anyone from Bangladeshi or any foreign country Science discipline students can apply for SAU admission 2020-21 academic session undergraduate program. Here we given Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University requirements below.
- HSC/Equivalent Passing Year: 2019/2020
- SSC/Equivalent Passing Year: 2017/ 2018
- Applicant should be Science Group in Both SSC & HSC and must have Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics
- Minimum GPA of 3.00 and a total GPA of 7.00 in both SSC and HSC without 4th subjects.
- A total of 1108 students will be eligible to admit in the SAU Admission.
Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University Admission Circular 2020-21
How to Apply for Sher-e-Bangla Agriculture University
If you are interested to apply for Sher-e-Bangla Agriculture University Admission then you need to visit the SAU official admission website. See the application process below.
- At first, visit the official admission website https://admission-agri.org/
- Fill up the application form accurately and submit.
- You will get a Bill No and use it when you pay the admission test fee.
Note: Use your own mobile number so that you will get all the important information on this number through SMS
How to Pay for the SAU Admission Fee
According to the SAU circular, there are three ways to make the payment for the Sher-e-Bangla Agriculture University Admission Test. You can pay through Rocket, bKash, and SureCash. See the payment procedure below.
Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University Admission Test Question Pattern
SAU admission test will be taken on 200 marks. 100 mark for MCQ (Multiple Choice Question) and 100 marks will be counted from SSC and HSC results. See the Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University admission test question pattern for SAU admission below.
- English – 10
- Math – 20
- Chemistry – 20
- Biology – 15
- Botany – 15
Note: For each wrong answer 0.25 mark will be deducted from the total marks. So you have to be careful about the admission test to get admitted to Sher-e-Bangla Agriculture University for 2020-21 undergraduate academic sessions.
Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University Admit Card
All the applicants will be eligible to download the admit card from the SAU website from 20 October to 28 November 2020. Before downloading the admit card candidate should be uploaded own passport size color photograph that must be in JPG format and file size maximum of 50 kb. After download it, the applicant needs to print in A4 size paper and must be signed on the place of Student’s Signature. Without admit card, the candidate will not participate in the admission test.
SAU Admission Result
This year SAU Admission test will be held on Saturday, 30 November 2020 from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM and the SAU admission result will be published within 5 December 2020 on the official website of Sher-e-Bangla Agriculture University. The result will be prepared based on 200 marks. 100 marks will be counted from the admission test and another 100 marks have to select on SSC and HSC results.